Groton activities: Varsity boys soccer, track and field
Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: Believe it or not, I did not know there were Saturday classes until the first week of school.
Favorite class: Definitely Drawing with Ms. De Jesús-Akuete. First of all, the teacher is one of the coolest people on campus. Secondly, it’s one of the only classes that’s therapeutic.
Most memorable Groton moment: Definitely has to be Prize Day. Saying goodbye to friends that you’ve lived with for an entire year is both a happy and sad moment.
Favorite Dining Hall food: The Sunday waffles and ice cream for brunch
Favorite place to study: The little nook I’ve created in the back corner of my room, next to the window
- I love physics. I really do, but this past week my commitment to my relationship with physics was tested. Mr. Evans, my physics teacher and the antagonist in this story, assigned our class our first ever project of the year. … Read More
- Long Weekend couldn’t have come through soon enough! Between schoolwork, soccer, and college applications, I haven’t had a lot of free time. I guess that’s what made my Long Weekend so sweet: finally having free time. For Long Weekend, I … Read More
- Starting up the school year again, knowing that it will be my last, gave me mixed emotions. Towards the end of summer, I spent much of my time thinking about all the “last” things I would do once I arrived … Read More
- Another memorable moment from my summer vacation was my trip to Martha’s Vineyard for a week. This was my first time visiting the Vineyard, so I was really excited. I spent a week there with my childhood friend, Brooke. Brooke’s … Read More
- One of the highlights of my summer was having some of my friends from England, Jake and Chloé, come and visit me in Boston for a week. Although I don’t actually live in America, we all stayed at my aunt’s … Read More