Groton activities: Photography, Film Club, boys varsity crew, squash, visual arts, theater prefect, stagecraft
Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: How advanced Groton’s stagecraft program is. I was in awe of the shop hiding behind the theater’s main stage. Every single play set looks very professional, and the students work closely with faculty to create the sets.
Favorite classes: Art Without Boundaries because I got to explore different mediums of art. English because I enjoy writing and listening to the thoughts of my peers during class discussions after reading a book.
Most memorable Groton moment: Getting thrown into the Nashua River by my rowers after winning our final home race
Favorite Dining Hall food: Lemon poppyseed muffins
Favorite place to study: The McCormick Library study rooms with the full whiteboard walls
- This fall, our theater department decided to do something we’ve never done before: we put on a show where the students not only were actors, but also playwrights, set designers, and dance choreographers. Based on Sophocles’ Greek classic, Antigone, we … Read More
- “Theater is a varsity sport,” Groton’s theater director Laurie Sales once said, and I couldn’t agree more. The involvement of physical movement and concentration of the mind are more than crucial to a successful production, both onstage and backstage. Our … Read More
- After the bell had rung, signaling my last class on Saturday, I rushed towards the art center and started searching for materials to make a poster for the Film Club’s table at Fall Jam. I had a clear image in … Read More
- The extended family Tribal and familial spirit play crucial roles in Tibetan culture and lifestyle. Shuabazi, an annual gathering, is held during the summer where members of a clan gather on an empty field, spending time together under the roof … Read More
- View from the peak of Haizi Mountain My friend and I teamed up with a cameraman and an audio engineer and drove for twelve hours from Chengdu up to the Tibetan highlands of Zamtang. The four of us spent two … Read More