Most surprising when you first arrived: That everyone was so well dressed all the time.
Favorite classes: English and Sacred Texts. For English, I always left feeling as if I had discovered a new or buried piece of myself in somebody else. For Sacred Texts, I enjoyed having how I see the world tested and seeing how I fit into the bigger picture.
Groton activities: Basketball, crew, Cultural Alliance, Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
Most memorable Groton moment: Riding on the back of Coach Brian’s truck (with girls crew boats 3 and 4). I was really squished and surrounded by happy people I really liked doing a new sport, and we sang a bunch of songs from High School Musical and Hannah Montana and the like. Then the coach gave us donuts.
Favorite Dining Hall food: Waffles
Favorite Surprise Holiday: When three friends and I missed the bus to go into Boston, so we borrowed scooters and a penny board and made a ” scoot squad” and scootered to get ice cream and food.
- At Groton, there are numerous sports and clubs to choose from and a wide variety of classes and electives that cater to everyone’s interests. Furthermore, there are always activities, speakers, and fun trips to go on. One is never at … Read More
- This coming week is an especially great time to be at Groton School. Coming up this weekend we have a date night taxi, a trip to the mall, a theater production, and student performances—all options for ways to have fun … Read More
- Hello Everyone! I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year! I hope all your aspirations and wishes come true! It is great to be here right now, as it is bread season. What is bread season, you might … Read More
- Tis the season to be jolly guys! I can say with confidence that pretty much everyone loves Christmas, and other than spending it with family, there is no better place to experience the feeling of the season than in dorm … Read More
- Slogged through another PSAT. For everyone out there who feels the struggle of standardized testing here are some memes. Enjoy and stay dank, lol!
- Soooo, I’m embarking on my Fifth Form journey, and to say things have been hectic would be an understatement of unbelievable proportions. But I think that it is amidst the whirlwind of starting school, catching up with friends, assimilating to … Read More
- I hope you’ve had a wonderful summer, probably being productive and beautiful. I, on the other hand, have been consuming the Internet with unhealthy gusto, which leads me to the topic of this post. What would you do for a … Read More
- In light of Matt Efros’ honorable Chapel Talk about second chances, I find it fitting to write an entry on the task of opening up to one another and to ourselves. With the onset of spring, and the reprieve from … Read More
- Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are in the final stretch. While in our little pocket of New England, the weather is still desperate to hold on to the chill, things are starting to warm up and nature is coming back … Read More
- Yesterday was Martin Luther King Day, and in my humble opinion, Groton School did an exemplary job to honor this outstanding leader and legendary man. I have been to many events, and have participated in countless programs that seek to … Read More
- Both the Groton Christmas vacation and actual Christmas Day are right around the corner, and it feels like this week just won’t end. Last-minute assessments and the extreme desire to get in the Christmas spirit are making waiting for vacation … Read More
- By this time last year, if someone had told me I would do cross country, I would have fallen on the ground laughing. If they had continued on to say that I would come to enjoy it, and that it … Read More
- I am not a huge fan of Latin. I can’t translate, and grammar bores me to tears. While Romulus and Remus being raised by wolves is cool, I would really rather read that story in English. This is not to … Read More
- I love birthdays. Cake, presents, laughter, friends, and new beginnings: what could be better? As a school we celebrate a lot of birthdays, including the birth of Groton School. It was fitting then that as an old school looked toward … Read More
- Something to be grateful for today: our beautiful campus. I had the wonderful opportunity to explore new parts of the campus, as well as take a closer look at familiar parts, during my glorious river run with cross country. Instead … Read More
- I think there is an assumption that we are always engaged and thinking in Groton. Whether it be from classes, homework, or even sports practices, our minds are supposedly engaged in some way at all times. However, thinking is a … Read More
- It’s an easy thing to get caught up in a routine in Groton. There are definitely days where I am not really absorbing anything, and I’m just going through the motions. To be fair sometimes we need those days where … Read More
- Hello Groton Community! So the school year has finally begun, and we have had some exciting developments already. I don’t know about anyone else, but the new school building blew me away. I am a big big fan of architecturally … Read More
- What’s crackin’ Groton community!? I hope everyone had a fantastic summer and continues to have one as school approaches. I don’t know about anyone else, but if I could, I would have summer weather all day every day. Boo to … Read More