Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: I was most surprised by how fast everybody became such close friends with one another. Despite all of the different backgrounds and places we come from, our small Second Form seemed to mesh perfectly. I wish I had known I shouldn’t have been so nervous!
Favorite class: English. I love reading and discussing interesting books with new ideas and perspectives I hadn’t thought of before.
Groton activities: Basketball and crew are my main sports, but I also played volleyball and hope to try theater. I play viola in the orchestra and am a member of the Investment Club.
Most memorable Groton moment: Definitely winning our home basketball game against St. Mark’s (our rivals.) I was so proud of my team, and there was so much support from the rest of the school.
Favorite Dining Hall food: Tacos
Favorite Surprise Holiday: Second Form fall. My friends and I wandered through the shops of Cambridge all day long. We got a little lost at the end, but together we found our way back to the bus. It was quite the adventure.
- In my opinion, the most beautiful view of Groton rests far away on the horizon. While lying in the grass of the Circle, the sky goes stretching out beyond the boathouse to blend with the dark woods in the distance. … Read More
- Terror never fails to find me while I wait offstage. My heart throbs nervously in the darkness, and the mere existence of an audience twirls my mind into a dreadful knot of all the things I could mess up. This … Read More
- I’ve been itching to get a basketball back in my hands for a while. Once the fall AAU season ended and theater’s tech week began, I found myself with little free time to do so. My love for theater made … Read More
- This past Tuesday, Groton students in the Second, Third, and Fourth forms had the opportunity to participate in a day of service. I was happy to have been selected to go to a homeless shelter in Roxbury that needed volunteers, and … Read More
- By now classes have started again and the first day jitters are long gone. Everyone seems to be back in the swing of things on the Circle now that fall sports and courses have begun. As a Third Former, my … Read More
- I swapped my backpack for a basketball and my study guides for sunscreen as soon as I penned the last words onto my exam. Sad as it may have been to say goodbye to Second Form life, the trade for … Read More