Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: I knew coming to Groton meant I would be going to school with international students, but that reality didn’t really hit me until three of my classmates in Second Form were from China. My world view was expanded just by living with them.
Favorite classes: Latin and Third Form biology. I loved Latin 1 so much because it was completely new to me. Translating is like solving a puzzle. I still have my Latin 1 binder, and I’m very excited to be taking AP. Most students don’t like biology, but I really enjoyed the class and my teacher, Mr. Belsky, so much that I requested him to be my advisor.
Groton activities: Assistant features editor of the Circle Voice, our student-run newspaper; member of the Grotones, our all-girls a cappella group. I also attend the Groton Girls Alliance and UNICEF Club meetings.
Most memorable Groton moment: When my dorm, Lincoln’s, performed an amazing, choreographed dance number for the inter-dorm competition, Lip Sync, that happens every year. We worked really hard on it and won–and we were asked to perform again for Revisit Day.
Favorite Dining Hall food: My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, and the Dining Hall doesn’t disappoint. I highly recommend the kielbasa. However, this year I’ve gotten more into the delicious muffins (poppyseed or cinnamon are my favorites) with a bowl of cereal or hot oatmeal.
Favorite Surprise Holiday: Spring 2017—the weather was perfect and I went into to Boston. First we walked through Fanueil Hall, then we walked to Chinatown for a delicious lunch. We relaxed on the Boston Common for a while before getting J.P. Lick’s ice cream. I loved this Surprise Holiday because it was so slow and relaxed, but I was still off-campus.
- This spring break, I went on the school global education trip to India. We traveled all over Northern India, from New Delhi to Agra (where the Taj Mahal is located) to Dehradun (where we stayed at boys’ and girls’ boarding … Read More
- I love ice skating. Ever since I was a little girl, I was obsessed with ice skating. I love going to the seasonal public rinks every winter. My birthday is in early March which, although is still cold, just falls … Read More
- Saturday was the first snowfall (that stuck) of the year. Snow had already hit the South; I had received videos and pictures of my own house from my parents back in Atlanta. However, I have to admit I never yearn … Read More
- Every year, we celebrate the school’s birthday at sit-down. It is always an event, with the whole school crammed into the Dining Hall and the Webb Marshall room below, everyone bubbling over the always highly anticipated ice cream cakes for dessert. … Read More
- This year I have become increasingly involved in extracurricular activities at school. It’s been tough juggling a heavier school load along with my other activities, but as an Upper Schooler I’ve found myself wanting to be involved in more and … Read More
- The first week of school is always weird. This week was especially strange for me as a new Fifth Former. I no longer have mandatory study hall! It’s amazing, but also strange not to know where everyone is all the … Read More
- This summer I interned at Horizon Theatre in Atlanta, working under stage management on their summer show, Blackberry Daze. I want to be a screenwriter and director when I’m older, and this was my first time doing active work in … Read More