Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: There is no air conditioning in dorms. I was not used to this–even though it’s much hotter in the South, we have air conditioning in all our buildings!
Favorite class or classes and why: I enjoy my World and the West history class as well as Chemistry because of their close relationship to and effect on relevant topics that I am likely to encounter outside of the classroom.
Groton activities: Varsity football, thirds basketball, JV tennis, trapshooting, Student Activities Committee, Acolyte Head, Groton Evening Softball League, Jazz Ensemble, Admissions tour guide
Most memorable Groton moment: I accidentally wore my favorite hat into Mr. Lamont’s history classroom on the second floor, and before I knew it, he had taken it off my head. Next, he calmly walked over to the window and threw it out. This was very funny and I remembered never to wear a hat inside his classroom again!
Favorite Dining Hall food: Cheeseburgers and fries
Favorite Surprise Holiday: Last spring, when I went with a few of my friends to walk around Boston for the day, We had a lot of fun looking at sneakers in outlet stores, and we ate at Shake Shack with many members of our form. This holiday was the best because it truly was a surprise to everyone and a great beginning to spring term.
- An annual Groton tradition, Casino Night, is a great laid-back way to spend a Saturday night. After students wait in line to get their starting loan of poker chips, we take to the Texas Hold ’em, blackjack, and roulette tables … Read More
- After an especially focused week of football practice under the glow of a rental light, late into the evening after the sunset, we felt ready to play toe to toe with a team that Groton had not beat in three … Read More
- Last Friday, after a tough football loss in overtime to Middlesex School on our home field, I found myself slowly walking back to the locker room with my teammates. As I began to take off my pads and get ready … Read More
- The first weekend of school this year found me setting up games on the Circle, such as cornhole, street hockey, volleyball, and badminton. All of these games were being assembled in preparation for an afternoon event directed at the new … Read More
- In my first post, I went into detail about my summer experiences at Bluewood Productions (for concerts), but I have spent equal, if not more, time with Steve Metz at Metropolitan DJ, in my city of Huntsville, Alabama. Starting in … Read More
- One recent Saturday was a confluence of everything I’ve been doing this summer–concert production and a lot of DJ work. While it was my third paid DJ event of the summer, I’ve also been shadowing an industry professional and helping … Read More