Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: I’d never been in a school with such a strong music program, so when I arrived at Groton I was really taken aback. The group of people who participated in the arts were all really kind and eager, and our teachers were extremely educated and dedicated.
Favorite class: English. It’s one of the few classes that allows students to really see into the minds of their peers and understand how they see the world. I also think it provides a wonderful opportunity to enhance your own understanding of the world, which opens the classroom for great intellectual discussion.
Groton activities: Musical theater, jazz band, peer counselor, a cappella, Groton Mentorship Program, writing
Most memorable Groton moment: Dancing on stage with half of the school while the marimba band from Maru-a-Pula was playing their amazing music
Favorite Dining Hall food: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Favorite Surprise Holiday: Going into Boston with a few friends and eating a feast at this fantastic Chinese restaurant
- Every day the sun sets at Groton either creating a cotton candy or a blue and orange sky. Today it’s a blue and orange sky, and as I sit at my desk, taking a break from writing my Hamlet essay, … Read More
- It is officially spring term, but if you look outside you will still think we are still struggling through the winter months as snow flutters to the ground and covers the path and freezes the grass. Cold winds cause you … Read More
- It’s spring term and after stage managing for Twelfth Night in the fall and acting in Cabaret as Fraulein Schnieder in the winter, I am currently assistant directing for the show Women of Lockerbie. The show, in simple terms, is … Read More
- These are some pictures of my friends and I having some Groton weekend fun. In order to keep our weekends jam-packed with exciting things to do, there are often times some unique activities. What you are witnessing above is my … Read More
- This weekend was jam-packed with music, and it was fabulous. This year the Maqupellas, Groton’s a cappella group, was invited to an a cappella festival at St. Mark’s, and it was so much fun. Various boarding schools gathered to sing … Read More
- Christmas time at Groton is magical. When you return from Thanksgiving break, no matter how many times you see it, walking into the Dining Hall’s winter wonderland always takes your breath away. It serves as a reminder that winter is … Read More
- Although Fifth Form can be tough, even the bad days have their good moments. My roughest day of Fifth Form contains one of my fondest memories so far. I woke up that morning having to take a standardized test and … Read More
- As a returning student entering my third year at Groton as a Fifth Former, the nervousness that comes with the newness of Third Form and Fourth Form is almost non-existent. Arriving on this campus I already had an image of … Read More
- This summer, I spent eight-and-a-half weeks working as a leader-in-training (L.I.T.) for a camp I’ve been attending for the past three years. It is an all-girls camp in Becket, MA and centers around empowering women, agape (unconditional love for all … Read More