Most surprising when you first arrived: How welcoming people were: the first boy I met at pre-season soccer invited me to room with him until we all moved into our real rooms.
Favorite class: Algebra 2—everyone was open to trying new and difficult problems, even if they might get them wrong. This really helped me become comfortable in the class and allowed everyone to have a lot more fun with math.
Groton activities: Soccer, lacrosse, squash, choir
Most memorable Groton moment: On my birthday, a few of my closest friends threw me a small surprise party in the new Schoolhouse before study hall. They bought cookies and a pie; it was an awesome surpise.
Favorite Dining Hall food: Cheeseburgers and French fries, with a chocolate cupcake for dessert
Favorite Surprise Holiday: The 2016 Spring Surprise Holiday: about eight of us wandered around Boston until we ended up at a dumpling house in Chinatown. It was my first experience with authentic Chinese food. We then went out and bought bubble tea, and even though I wasn’t too fond of it, it was a lot of fun to shoot the “bubbles” at each other.
- This winter, my roommate and I decided to manage the girls varsity basketball team. It has been a ton of fun and a nice change to winter. The season has been filled with some really exciting games, and even though … Read More
- Fall term seems to grow shorter each year that goes by. Specifically, the soccer season felt incredibly short. It reminds me of a children’s expression my mom used to tell me: “Time flies when you’re having fun!” And looking back … Read More
- The start of a new school year is always a mix of excitement and nervousness about the challenges that lie ahead. Fifth Form year is known to be particularly hard, and I therefore had my worries when I walked into … Read More
- The later part of my summer was spent in a driver’s-ed classroom. Obtaining my license has proven to require a relentless effort. I passed my learner’s permit test in June, only to learn that I needed to have thirty hours … Read More
- I grew up going to summer camp at my old school in Connecticut. Since my first summer at camp, I thought about how cool it would be to return as a counselor, and the last few summers I have had … Read More