Most surprising when you first arrived at Groton: The family atmosphere of the football and baseball teams. As a freshman, I was nervous and shy when I arrived to fall preseason, but the first person I met was my senior advisor, Taggart. My initial thought was, “What kind of name is that?” But he turned out to be the most welcoming and helpful person as the school year started.
Favorite class: Spanish V with Señor Fernandez because we had awesome discussions, watched movies, and had a lot of fun.
Groton activities: Football, baseball, basketball, Gospel Choir
Most memorable Groton moment: My most memorable moment is also the saddest moment I’ve ever had at Groton. It was my Third Form football season, and we had just lost a back-and-forth battle against St. Mark’s on our home field. We all took a knee around Coach Lyons, but all he said was, “Captains,” and John Beatty Arthur Jelin, and Malcolm Akinje stood up, tears pouring down their faces. Instantly, the whole team was balling as John said, “For the past three months, you guys have been my brothers and I’ll love you forever.”
Favorite Dining Hall food: Southern fried chicken and mashed potatoes
Favorite Surprise Holiday: Last fall, one of our football coaches took two other kids and me to some Mexican restaurant just outside of town, and we were the only ones there. We sat outside with his dog Cooper and hung out for hours.
- Although we have to wait a few more weeks for it to really start, there’s nothing better than the springtime at Groton. Not only is it baseball season, but the sun is shining and the smell of fresh cut grass … Read More
- Last fall, I was sitting in the Forum with Caleb watching football film on a Friday night. I probably should have been doing homework, but it was the night before game day, so film seemed more important. Caleb stood up, … Read More
- Last night, I received the infamous “tour guide assignment reminder” email, and the first things that popped into my head were the upcoming physics and stats tests and the six-page English paper due by Friday. Then I got excited because … Read More
- Last year, the boys of fall trekked down 2.5 hrs to Middleton, RI to play St. George’s for the third game of our season. Little did we know we would play our worst game of the year, and six turnovers … Read More
- Just after I finished my final exam in the spring, I walked out of my dorm with my baseball bag slung over one shoulder and my clothes rolling behind me, and I saw my father hurrying me in order to … Read More