During 18 years teaching at Groton, Bob Gula became known for the General Knowledge Tests that he created and proctored each spring. Test your knowledge with questions from 1979:
1. The Star Spangled Banner was written in ____?
Answer: C) 1814
2. Where would a croupier work?
Answer: A casino – the person in charge of a gaming table, gathering in and paying out money or tokens.
3. What happens when a criminal is extradited?
Answer: It is the official process whereby one country transfers a suspected or convicted criminal to another country
4. “All the news that’s fit to print” is the motto of ___?
Answer: In 1897, Adolph S. Ochs, the owner of The New York Times, created the famous slogan “All the News That’s Fit to Print,” which still appears on the masthead of the newspaper today. He wrote the slogan as a declaration of the newspaper’s intention to report the news impartially.
5. What animal is symbolically associated with the zodiacal sign Capricorn?
Answer: The Goat