Here’s a list of the things we did today:
- We woke up for the last time (during this trip, at least) in our cozy yurts in the grasslands.
- We ate our last breakfast in the grasslands in the big dining yurt.
- The boys (and Ms. Jin) went for a ride on a fleet of small ATVs:
- We finished packing.
- We boarded the bus and headed back toward Hohhot.
- On the outskirts of Hohhot, we toured a giant, ultra-modern dairy products facility, one of the largest of its kind in the world:
- We checked back into our hotel in Hohhot (the same one we stayed in before).
- We ate lunch at a simple but delicious noodle shop just down the road from the hotel:
- We saw the new Transformers film (in English, with Chinese subtitles) at a movie theater in an enormous 12-story shopping mall about a mile from the hotel:
- We ate dinner at a barbecue karaoke restaurant near the mall/movie theater. Several students (and teachers) took a turn with the microphone:
- We walked back to the hotel, arriving back in the lobby at 11:30 PM.
Time for bed!